Sunday, October 17, 2010

DCS: A-10C Warthog - Thrustmaster MFDs Work Out of the Box!

I need a new desk ... or a cockpit!
Yesterday I got a couple of Thrustmaster MFDs at my local Microcenter. I was really surprised to find out that they work in DCS A-10 right our out of the box (no tweaking or programming necessary).

These MFDs are not a "must have" toy for the flight simmer. They just provide some relief to all that mouse clicking to have to go through in the virtual cockpit. I'm looking forward to put these two MFD button gadgets on top of a monitor displaying the actual MFD graphics.

Cheers,

2 comments:

UsF said...

What minimum number of buttons should a joystick have to be able to enjoy DCS A10? I have a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, which served me well for about over 6 years now.
I will probably not go as hardcore and get the MFDs you described though. Also I am cautious with their DRM, as they do limited installs as far as I've heard.

JC said...

Hi UsF,

I would recommend a HOTAS for this one. Like the Saitek 52 or 52 Pro. It will serve you for years and they are not that expensive.

Cheers,