Friday, July 18, 2014

DCS A-10C Gun Kills

This is actually a repost (can't find the original post, maybe I deleted it) of a video I made half a year ago.




You will have to pardon two things. First and foremost, the target area overflying (you should never do that) and the sound of the video likely going mute (it includes a music track from the movie "Lone Survivor", wonderful music) in the near future.

What I want to show is two gun kills. The first one (target is a missile launcher) is after a prolonged climb and later diving to shoot at a high angle (50 degrees, compare to the recommended 30 degrees dive). The second one is after a loop, diving at 24 degrees. The second kill after the loop allows to initiate the attack from a low altitude and is actually an attack tactic practiced by the Soviets in the Cold War years.

I strongly recommend to watch this in YouTube for a high definition version.

Cheers,





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool. I'd love to see more clips showing correct tactical doctrine for the A-10, Su-25T or indeed any of the other DCS modules. I keep blundering around in the Su-25T, never sure whether I'm doing the right thing or not. Correct glide slope? What to do against MANPADS when the clouds are low, etc etc.