Sunday, November 26, 2017

Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943 - Operation Pugilist - Video Reports

I'm having a lot of fun with Tank Warfare. Given Graviteam's reputation portraying WWII tactical warfare with such fidelity, I'm not surprised that -playing as the UK- I'm finding myself in the predicament of a gigantic backup of troops aching to cross a Wadi. Pretty much like in the real thing. The Germans are making this task a few inches short of impossible.



As I explain in this first video, I refrained from any type of offensive action during the night and when the day broke, I was ready to move my troops.



A weak German attack on our west flank (possible a feint) and then the struggle to expand the bridgehead across the wadi.



In this second video, it is obvious the Germans have reinforced their defensive positions and weak as we are in infantry and armor, the offensive falters in the scorching noon sun. The thing that worries me the most is German armor ...





Please stay tuned for more wargaming goodness from this excellent wargame engine.

Cheers,



















2 comments:

martin said...

I'm really enjoying Operation Pugilist too, however i wish they would not overlook the Italian 1st army contribution. Otherwise...excellent game and videos.

JC said...

Thanks for reading and watching, Martin.

You are right, we need the Italians!

Cheers,